How to build samplefs with gdm3 desktop manager instead of its default LXDE

The below command I use to build the customized sample_fs.tbz2
Linux_for_Tegra/tools/samplefs$ sudo ./nv_build_samplefs.sh --abi aarch64 --distro ubuntu --version bionic

The script nv_build_samplefs.sh download base.tar.gz from the following url and output sample_fs.tbz2 for further flash rootfs into Xavier NX emmc.
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/ubuntu-cdimage/ubuntu-base/releases/18.04/release/ubuntu-base-18.04.5-base-arm64.tar.gz

Besides add/remove some packages, I do not manually change it to use LXDE. So my question is how to configure the script nv_build_samplefs.sh to create OS image with gdm3 not LXDE.
Thank you

hello light.lu,

may I know which JetPack release you’re working with?
LXDE desktop samplefs should only used in R32.4 release version,

Linux_for_Tegra/nv_tegra/bsp_version
BSP_BRANCH=32
BSP_MAJOR=7
BSP_MINOR=1

hello light.lu,

please have a try to modify the following, $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra/nv_tools/scripts/nv_customize_rootfs.sh

# Set LXDE as default LightDM user session
        if [ -e "${LDK_ROOTFS_DIR}/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-nvidia.conf" ] && \
                [ -e "${LDK_ROOTFS_DIR}/usr/share/xsessions/ux-LXDE.desktop" ]; then
                grep -q -F 'user-session=ux-LXDE' \
                        "${LDK_ROOTFS_DIR}/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-nvidia.conf" \
                        || sed -i '1 auser-session=ux-LXDE' \
                        "${LDK_ROOTFS_DIR}/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-nvidia.conf"
        fi

I just commented out those scripts “Set LXDE as default LightDM user session”, but after rebuilding rootfs and flushing it it didn’t work. The following update made it work.

echo /usr/sbin/gdm3 > ${tmpdir}/etc/X11/default-display-manager
sudo LC_ALL=C chroot . /bin/bash -c 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive DEBCONF_NONINTERACTIVE_SEEN=true dpkg-reconfigure
sudo LC_ALL=C chroot . echo set shared/default-x-display-manager gdm3 | debconf-communicate

So no need to change ubuntu-bionic-aarch64-packages file.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.