How to change resolution when connect isaac-sim with websocket

I’m using websocket to connect isaac-sim container. But the resolution is fixed at 1280 x 720, I have a few questions:

1. How to change the resolution? I tried to execute the python sample by ./python.sh python_samples/simple/change_resolution.py, but it failed with error : [carb.windowing-glfw.plugin] GLFW initialization failed
  2. the cursor can’t reach the bottom area of the GUI, so I can’t click the input textarea in the console window, besides the remote cursor is not overlaps with the true cursor, but with a little distance. Can this problem be fixed?

Hi. That GLFW error can be ignored.

The mouse offset while live streaming is a known issue. You can turn on this setting to show the mouse cursor on the app.
kit.set_setting("/app/window/drawMouse", True)

Try this livestream example too with Kit Remote. You can change the resolution in the livestream.py then use the same when running Kit Remote with the -w and -h flags.

Thanks for the solution. I have some other question:

1. Is the mouse offset issue in planning to be fixed?
  2. is websocket module has the same features as Kit Remote at present and in the future? Is Kit Remote built upon websocket client? Cause now I’m trying to embed the livestream module into my own webpage, and modify the original code to apply some change, therefore I can only use websocket rather than Kit Remote.
  1. Yes.
  2. The WebSocket livestream and Kit Remote is running on different transport protocols. Kit Remote Client is an app and executable only, so for livestreaming to a webpage, the WebSocket livestreaming is recommended. You may edit the html template from the WebSocket extension.
1 Like

I see. But so far the websocket streaming seems to lag very much. Though the FPS is 60 and I’m using local area network,but the mouse movement is lagging and GUI responds very slow. Any schedule to improve websocket livestream performance ? or make Kit Remote client more configurable? So far the Kit Remote can only set the ip address param.

Yes, improvements to livestream is being worked on. For future versions, the WebRTC mode should have better performance than the WebSocket and works on a web browser.