How To Clone the Hard Drive on the Drive AGX Xavier

Setup info:
Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 9]
Host Machine Version: [native Ubuntu 16.04]
SDK Manager Version: [5.0.10.3-12606092]

Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading my Host PC and Drive AGX Xavier to Ubuntu 18.04 and Drive 10 Software, however, I would like to save my current setup and hard drive with Drive 9 software onto another disk or USB flash drive so I can use it later if need be.

I would like to know if it is possible to clone or copy the hard drive and all of the contents of the Drive AGX Xavier onto another hard drive or USB flash drive to be used later if needed. If it is possible, how would I go about starting or performing this process before upgrading and flashing to Ubuntu 18.04.

Please provide any help, steps, or guides you can. I have only been able to find guides on the Jetson Xavier, not the Drive Xavier. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Brendan Sting

Hi @stin7931,

We don’t support it. Will support of docker image on target system be a better solution for this burden?

You can make an image using dd and pipe it over ssh.
You can then loop mount it locally after running fsck on it a few times.
Not clean but forces an image across.

To restore we need an environment that lets you push it back.
You do not have to use ssh, you can just use netcat/nc but we would need some nVidia support to launch a pre-boot env.

You could, at the least, do this rip to have a point of reference.

e.g.
ssh nvidia@<ip> -- "dd status=progress bs=4M if=/dev/<anything>" | dd conv=fdatasync of=<anything>.img

Root appears to be /dev/vblkdev0p1 on Drive 10.
Run df -h and see what shows up for / on 9.

If you just need the home dir. you can tarball pipe it over ssh as well.
ssh nvidia@<ip> -- "tar czf - -C <chdir> <stuff-to-tar>" > name.tgz
Or use scp or rsync over ssh.