How to combine/automate functionality from Machinima and A2F

I have a general question, which way would be the most optimal/appropriate.

I mainly use A2F and Machinima in my work. I perform repetitive actions in them: open A2F, tweak the emotes/settings; then export the animation and open it in Machinima, do other things, render.

I would like to optimize this process a bit, most the A2F part, so that I don’t have to do all the import and export stuff manually.

I have 2 ideas, but I’m not sure which one is the most correct.

1. build an extension for A2F and Machinima. There will be another application running in the background (independent of Omniverse) that will “talk” to the extension in each application and tell them what to do.
  2. create your own application using the Omniverse Kit. This way it should contain all the functionality from Machinima and some elements from A2F. However, I’m not sure if this is something that can be done in a “simple” way.
    Looking at the answer form
    Creating Extensions/Applications
    where Mati wrote that each main Omniverse application has a modular structure and is built from smaller extensions then I think it should be doable.
1 Like

Hi @czapio. Welcome to the forums! These all sound like interesting ideas. For #2 its a little tricky to grab extensions from two different base apps. If you’re just creating this for yourself, it’s not really an issue though. Another option I want to throw in there for you would be to just try scripting the behaviors: Scripting — kit-manual 104.0 documentation. You could try creating a proof of concept with the script editor to make sure all of the API you need is available.