How to connect my Jetson TX2 to the internet?

Ok, I don’t wanna have to go buy anUSB drive, but let me quickly look into this. One second…

SD card also works. Serial console is well worth your time in the long run for anything in the embedded development world.

inconfig.docx (12.4 KB)
Here is the document with the requested information.

This is much more readable, but it is missing “route”. I see the echo, but not the actual content. Can you post “route” output?

This has a lot fewer interfaces. Can I assume we are not talking about networking from inside of a docker container, and all we are interested in is the “regular” Linux environment?

Your IP address is 10.160.13.21, but previously you had a lot of network interfaces. Can you say more about what happened with all of those previous interfaces? 10.160.13.21 seems to be the one you expected, and from your host PC, you should now be able to “ping 10.160.13.21”, although this in part depends on the host PC’s route and firewall rules. Mainly I’m concerned about why there were so many interfaces, and how they went away. Something in your testing may have set up unusual circumstances.

Also, most Ubuntu systems would call this “eth0”, not “eth-native”. Somewhere there will be a udev rule making that name change, and I wonder where the change came from.

Can I assume we are not talking about networking from inside of a docker container, and all we are interested in is the “regular” Linux environment?

Just a regular linux enfournement. The container is nothing but a protect place to keep it in.

Can you say more about what happened with all of those previous interfaces? Those internet device was from when I type ifconfig onto my mac machine. Here are the .txt files for both the TX2 and my Mac.
My TX2: nnewIfCONFIG.rtf (15.9 KB)
My Mac; inconfig_mac.docx (16.2 KB)

Also, I place a note at the bottom of the Mac docx. I don’t have a “rfkill” command, and I’m still having problems with “route” on my Mac as well.

The “rfkill” was for use from the TX2 only. It is ok that this isn’t present on the Mac.

Here I can tell you definitively that your TX2 should respond if accessed with IP address “10.160.13.21”.

Your Mac must have an IP address somewhere with the netmask of “255.224.0.0” range applied to 10.160.13.21 ("10.160.13.21/21" is an equivalent way of writing it). Basically you Mac needs an interface within the range of “10.160.8.1” to “10.160.15.254”.

The Mac’s ifconfig is a bit annoying, and is stating address in hexadecimal. Restating the required range in hex:
0a:a0:08:01 to 0a:a0:0f:fe

The only interface within this range shows as “p2p0”. I’m not sure what actual adapter that is, but so long as that is up, and route is able to select this, then it should work. I don’t know which Mac options must be used on its “route” command, but apparently it gives an error if you don’t give an argument. I don’t have a Mac, so I can’t say. It is quite possible that p2p0 and route as a combination on the Mac is correct.

Regarding the network device providing p2p0, is this connected directly to the same router which the Jetson is connected to via wired ethernet? If so, then I think this is likely valid and only firewalling or router security would get in the way (I can’t say for absolute certain since I don’t know the route of the Mac).

My ethernet cord is connected from my Mac to my TX2. I set the static IP address on my Mac 10.160.0.245 and subnet to 255.224.0.0.

when I try to ping the TX2 (ping 10.160.13.21), I get the following:
PING 10.160.13.21 (10.160.13.21): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
^C
— 10.160.13.21 ping statistics —
5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
Also, what exactly do you mean by p2p0?

From the Mac side, I see this IP:
0a:ff:c2:6a:a2:4d

I am unsure of the correct conversion to decimal format for this. I’ve tried some online conversion calculators, but they seem to think this is “192.34.64.5”. Are you sure the address “10.160.0.245” is the actual address if you exit the config utility and look at it again? However, even if the address really is “10.160.0.245”, then this is outside of the netmask used by the Jetson. The Jetson is configured to reject anything outside of the IP address range “ 10.160.8.1 ” to “ 10.160.15.254 ”. Failing to connect would imply behaving as it should.

What happens if you instead set the Mac’s IP address to “10.160.13.245” (replace the “.0.” with “.13.”)?