How to control CAM_RST on Xavier DevKit with L4T R35.1

Hello,

I am using Xavier DevKit with L4T R35.1 and would like to control the CAM_RST1 signal (connected to PWDN pin of max9296) on the Des(mmax9296B) board. the signal is connected to Xavier DevKit board via LI-JXAV-MIPI-ADPT-4CAM board manifactured by LEOPARD.
The CAM_RST1 looks like connected to Pin #95 of the camera connector on the Xavier Dvekit board which is connected to UART4_TX(ball name) on Xavier SoC.
I found out hte UART4_TX is GPIO.PH03(cutomer usage) in Pinmux file(Jetson_AGX_Xavier_Series_Pinmux_Configuration_Template_v1.4.xlsm) .

Then I checked the the CAM_RST1 signal on the Des board with a oscilloscope as the following procedure.
But I could not find any change on the signal. It is always High(about 1.8V) after several micro seconds from turning on the Xavier DevKit.

Is my procedure wrong ?

$ sudo su
# cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio | grep PH.03
gpio-382 (PH.03 |camera-control-outpu) out lo
# echo 382 > /sys/class/gpio/export
# ls /sys/class/gpio/
export gpiochip305 gpiochip335 gpiochip504 PH.03 unexport
# echo out > /sys/class/gpio/PH.03/direction
# echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/PH.03/value
# grep PH.03 /sys/kernel/debug/gpio
gpio-382 (PH.03 |sysfs ) out hi
# echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/PH.03/value
gpio-382 (PH.03 |sysfs ) out lo

Any advice/help is appreciated.
Thank you,
k.iwasaki

hello k.iwasaki,

could you please check $ cat /etc/nv_boot_control.conf for your platform version.
the reset gpio pin for older Galen board is PH.04, if you’re using the newer version, it’s PH.03

Hello JerryChang,

Thanks for your infomation.

I asked the manufacturer(Leopard image) of the camera kit about this, and I sent and recived the e-mail several time. I had looked into the connection of the CAM_RST1 signal line on the board for a few days. At last I found that R44( 0 ohm register) was not placed and that CAM_RST1 was not connected to the pin 95(GPIO.PH03) of the connect of the Xavier DevKit board. I placed the 0 ohm register as R44, then I was able to control the CAM_RST1. I informed the manufacturer of that, then he said “we removed R44 and added R17(pulled up register) for 1.8V”.

Regards,
K.Iwasaki

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.