How to control Jetson Xavier NX from Android device?

I am working on an image processing project. I am using the Jetson Xavier NX developer kit, and I cannot use any hardware such as a monitor or keyboard/mouse in the setup I am creating for the client. Therefore, I need to use a remote device to control it. I am capable of developing native Android applications, so I thought of controlling the Jetson through an Android application using Bluetooth. However, I couldn’t find any information on how to do this. I need to establish a Bluetooth connection from any Android device to the Jetson Xavier NX device (the connection request should be sent from the Android device) and then send plain text commands from Android to Jetson for operations such as WiFi connection or starting/stopping image processing. Is there a way to accomplish this? I am using Python for Jetson and Java for the native Android application.

I don’t have experience on this use ase, support to check Latest Jetson & Embedded Systems/Jetson Projects topics - NVIDIA Developer Forums to see if can find the reference.

I checked there first, but I couldn’t find what I needed. That’s why I wanted to ask. From what I’ve seen so far, it seems that I can only send a Bluetooth connection request from the Jetson to Android, and the connection cannot stay active for long time. Additionally, since Bluetooth settings mention its use for file transfers, I don’t think it may be possible to use it for sending plain text. If I can find a way to accomplish these, I believe I can handle the rest.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.