How to create a Target AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550) disk image and later restore it?

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
[V] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[V] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[V] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[V] other

Host Machine Version
[V] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I noticed that when there is a power outage, the target won’t longer boot up, and needs to be re-flashed. It takes hours to re-flash it and re-install all the needed stuff on it.
Is there a way to create a backup image of the AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550) target?

Dear @Sunny127,

I noticed that when there is a power outage, the target won’t longer boot up

Does that mean, after flashing the target, you need to keep it on all the time and restarting leads to issues? If so, we need to look into logs to understand the cause.

Is there a way to create a backup image of the AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550) target?

We do not have any documentation steps for cloning the target image. Let me check internally and get back to you. May I know if it is a critical requirement?

• If I restart the target, it wakes up fine. However when there was a power failure, target woke up dead and had to be re-flashed.
  • It is not a critical requirement, I just need to get used to power off the target from the ubuntu menu on target, every day after I am done with it, to avoid power failures while target is on. But please check internally if cloning the target is possible.

Dear @Sunny127,
However when there was a power failure, target woke up dead and had to be re-flashed

Does that mean, if you plug out the power supply instead of reboot, you see booting issue? Could you check connecting to aurix/Tegra consoles via minicom and share the boot logs in that case?

When the power failure problem will happen again next time, I will check the aurix/Tegra consoles.