How to debug samples on host without cross-compiling to PX2?

Hello,

our Drive PX2 hardware is going to arrive within the next months. until then we are trying to develop/adapt the code solely on the host pc (msi GL72 7RDX, Geforce GTX1050, Ubuntu 14.04, DriveInstall 4.1.8.0)

Currently I’m trying to adapt the camera_tracker sample in such way, that I can use it with an USB webcam (Logitech c920)

I followed the tutorial to set up the Nsight Eclipse IDE (https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/drive-px-nsight-eclipse-edition/) until the point “solving include warnings”. The samples code compiles and runs properly so far. Unfortunately I’m not able to debug the code due to the fact that the Make Target is defined for ‘Release’ and not for ‘Debug’. The tutorial furthermore describes how to create a Make Target for ‘Debug’ however it is set up for debugging the code on the PX2 platform.

My question now is: How can I configure Nsight Eclipse, that I succesfully can debug the sample codes (original and edited) on my host pc?

Regards

Hello,

follow the instructions for build-host (you can create another folder) changing only the following two things:

• select “Debug: CUDA Toolkit” instead of “Release: CUDA Toolkit”
  • add -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug to the Make Target configuration (as described for build-target).

Doing these two things I am able to debug the samples on my host pc.

Regards