How to detect mic plugged into jetson tx2

Hi All,
We have customized the sgtl5000 driver by clonning it and doing some modifications to use it as a mic driver.
Now we need to get the proper way to find out how to detect whether the mic jack is plugged or not into the nvidia TX2´s P2 jack slot.
I have found out that there is an API ( ASoC Machine Driver) with some DAPM widgets that could help me doing that but I am not sure how to correctly use it to get the P2 jack status.
Could you please help me to get the proper way to get this P2 mic jack status?
I would like to get that information to show the end user that the mic is plugged off for some reason.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
rtakaki

Hi rtakaki,

TX2 doesn’t have any P2 Jack. Are you using sgtl5000 based external card? Could you share wiring details of P2 Jack on your HW setup?

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Sharad,
Unfortunately, I 'm not able to share you our wiring details due to confidentiality agreement with our client.
We are using the sgtl5000 codec connected to the I2S interface.
Thanks in advance,
rtakaki

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hi rtakaki,

Could you please point us to the modified sgtl5000 driver?

The Jack detection logic typically depends on the HW design e.g. use GPIO for Jack interrupt. Are you using any GPIO pin for Jack interrupt in your setup?

Thanks,
Sharad