How to disable auto-start of nvpmodel GUI

Dear,

Could you kindly help to check: is there a way to disable auto-start of nvpmodel GUI?
In our application, we would like to keep the power mode control in the backend, instead of let the end user to modify from the front-end window.

Thanks!

hello yawei.yang,

you may refer to Supported Modes and Power Efficiency, and check [To define a custom power mode] session.
thanks

Thanks Jerry,

This should be a solution to limit the selection options.

For my case, I’m wandering is there a way to remove the nvmodel GUI from the start-up application list.
so that also it will not be shown on the task bar, and our end user will not have access to modify the power mode.

Thanks!

hello yawei.yang,

I’ve never test this before,
however, there’s configuration file /etc/systemd/system/nvpmodel.service, could you please have a try disable nvpmodel service.
for example,

$ systemctl stop nvpmodel
$ systemctl disable nvpmodel

Hello Jerry,

I have tired this, it can stop the nvpmodel service, but still the GUI app is shown on the task bar.
Just wandering, where it’s calling to launch the nvpmodel GUI application and is there a way to remove it from auto-launch.

Thanks!

hello yawei.yang,

nvpmodel GUI is started by below file, please comment out the file content or deleting it if you would like to disable it completely.
/etc/xdg/autostart/nvpmodel_indicator.desktop