How to disable CSI mipi CRC check on Orin?

According to the post How to disable CSI mipi CRC check on Orin?
Orin default is CRC disabled, but I can’t display the video stream by using our CRC disabled HDMI2CSI adapter.
We have two customized HDMI2CSI adapters, the first version EV1 is with CRC check feature, and the 2nd version EV2 is without CRC check feature.
n1_nvidia

[EV1]
It can display 1080p60/YUV422 on Orin,Xavier, and TX2.
[EV2]
1.EV2 only can display on TX2 with CSI4 disable CRC patch. tx2 - Camera mipi timing and PXL_SOF - #9 by ShaneCCC
2.EV2 on Orin gets error message from dmesg
[ 99.056188] tegra-camrtc-capture-vi tegra-capture-vi: uncorr_err: request timed out after 2500 ms
[ 99.065397] tegra-camrtc-capture-vi tegra-capture-vi: err_rec: attempting to reset the capture channel
[ 99.075292] (NULL device *): vi_capture_control_message: NULL VI channel received
[ 99.083030] t194-nvcsi 13e40000.host1x:nvcsi@15a00000: csi5_stream_close: Error in closing stream_id=0, csi_port=0

Could you also get the trace log to check.

Thanks

The trace log and scrtip.
20230105_142038.txt (9.1 KB)
tracelog.sh (2.2 KB)

Replace the …/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/camera-rtcpu-t234-rce.img by attached file and update the firmware by below command to try.

sudo ./flash -r -k rce-fw jetson-agx-orin-devkit-xxx mmcblk0p1

camera-rtcpu-t234-rce.img (527.3 KB)

I reprogram the camera image by
./flash.sh -r -k A_rce-fw jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
But I still can’t get the the video stream, only green screen is displayed by gstreamer.

Here is the log file.
n1_disable_crc.zip (94.7 KB)

Have check the pix_clk_hz for below note.

Note: 
Skew calibration is required if sensor or deserializer is using DPHY, and the output data rate is > 1.5Gbps.
An initiation deskew signal should be sent by sensor or deserializer to perform the skew calibration. If the deskew signals is not sent, the receiver will stall, and the capture will time out.
You can calculate the output data rate with the following equation:

* Output data rate = (sensor or deserializer pixel clock in hertz) * (bits per pixel) / (number of CSI lanes)

We will try to add deskew signals, thanks.

We open the deskew IP for our N1 card.
It still can’t display video stream on Orin R35.1, but TX2 R32.4.4 witch CRC disabled patch can display correctly.

Below are my procedures
1.Start to record dmesg by dmesg -w |& tee -a 0_dmesg.txt
2.Execute 0_enable_trace.sh to record trace log
3.Execute 2_g1.sh to open video0.
4.ctrl+c to stop procedure 3 , 2 and 1.
n1_crc_disabled.zip (14.5 MB)

The camera rce firmware is from

let’s follow-up your issue here, Topic 239397. thanks

I write the test procedures in readme.txt, zip file includes the test scripts and log files.
Orin is R35.1, and TX2 is R32.4.4.
20230207_n1.zip (6.3 MB)

Is there any update ?

Do I need to do more tests, and get more logs to progress the debug ?
Please let me know how to imporve the debug, thanks.

Is there any update ?

Is there any update ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.