I have questions about disabling on-board RTC.
Our career board uses an external RTC, so I want to disable the on-board RTC.
I configured driver and devicetree of the external RTC and it works fine.
For disabling, I changed below:
- Leave VDD_RTC pin unconnected
- Add a /delete-property/rtc0; under aliases node in devicetree (rtc0 is the on-board RTC)
- Comment out CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MAX77686 in tegra18_defconfig
- Set CONFIG_RTC_BACKUP_HCTOSYS_DEVICE=“rtc2” (rtc2 is the external RTC)
The questions are:
- Is there anything else I need to do for disabling the on-board RTC?
- Can I cut off the power of the on-board RTC for power saving?