How to enable Gigabit Ethernet on Jetson TX2 board?

when i use cable connect the pointgrey camera to Jetson TX2 board,the TX2’s network port only bright a green light,but when i connect to JetsonTX1 board, the TX1’s network port can bright two light, one green, one orange.As far as I know,when the orange light is on, it means that the use of Gigabit network. So how to enable Gigabit Ethernet on Jetson TX2 board?

If you do “sudo ip link” or “sudo ifconfig” on the TX2, what does it say about the speed?

sudo ip link

eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:04:4b:8c:67:7c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Oh, sorry, you actually need to use ethtool to get the speed these days (I grew up on a different ifconfig):

sudo ethtool eth0 | grep Speed

Also, just running sudo ethtool eth0 will tell you what the device thinks it’s capable of, and what the device thinks the other end is capable of.

it shows speed is 1000Mb/s,so, It means that the network port indicator light is broken? But all of our TX2 has met the same situation. our TX1s is good.

Hi duanchengwen,

Yes, tx2 does not have the same LED behavior with TX1.

On tx2, green light is on when 1Gb/s network is on.
On tx1, green + orange light is shown.

May I ask where do you get the information that orange light indicates gigabit eth?

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19910-01/E21500-01/bbjdcdaf.html

There are a lot of sites are written

Hi duanchengwen,

I’ve confirmed with team internally. This LED is programmed based on PHY and there is no standard rule for it.

Since TX1 uses USB-ETH controller and TX2 uses BRCM89610, they show different light accordingly.

Hi, WayneWWW,
May I know if green and orange leds are ‘flashing’ during data transfer ?

Hi Tonie,

I don’t see flash on my device (rel.28.1). Only orange leds are lit up, but I am not using a Gigabit Ethernet.

Hi, WayneWWW,

May I know if there is explanation/documentation about these LED’s status especially for wifi/ethernet ?

Don’t have a documentation for this with tegra. As I understand, this depends on chip. I have read BRCM89610 datasheet before and it has own configuration for LEDs.

May I ask what is the purpose for LED status doc? Some kind of application/usecase requires it?

Hi, WayneWWW,

Yes, we need that for releasing our customized OS with our customized board.
We need to know such always light on green and orange LEDs are correct.

I am curious if you have a 100Mbit/s switch available…I’d suggest plugging it in and seeing what changes.

Hi,
We have that.
1Gb/s shows green LED.
Normal shows orange LED.

But these won’t be ‘flashing’ during data transfer as PC.

hi all

i usb iperf to test tx2 ethernet but the speed is too slow.

TX2:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.0-200.0 sec 8300 MBytes 348 Mbits/sec

TX1:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.0-5000.1 sec 547 GBytes 940 Mbits/sec

have any suggestion??

etta,
Which card are you using? Do you use your own one?

hi WayneWWW

i use TX2 EVB ethernet connect my NB to test

how about your test result?

It looks like an issue. Could you open a new topic for this one and describe the steps in detail?

hi WayneWWW
Recent we are using a ethernet camera directly linking with TX2, However, The FPS is not stable, changing from 2.3FPS to 93FPS.The error inforamtions says " The buffer wa incompletely grabbed".So i think i should adiust the jumbo frame(a bigger buffer size), but when i run “ethtool -g eth0”, getting “Operation not suppported”.So, does it mean i can’t change the jumbo frame?The driver is not support of changing “jumbo frame”?
Thanks, it troubles me a lot…