How to Enable GPIO7 and GPIO14 as PWM8 and PWM7 on Xavier-Nx module

Hi @sgamu

Could you help update the status?

I’m sorry I haven’t updated you yet. Please I will as soon as I try it. I don’t have my Xavier-Nx module on me as I have loaned someone else.

I was wondering how you arrived at the sysfs number 416? What gpio number does that refer to? I have sysfs number 424 for GPIO7 like you do. But I calculated sysfs 345 for GPIO14/FAN; sysfs 393 for GPIO13; and sysfs 265 or GPIO12. The GPIOs mentioned are the GPIOs that duplicate as PWMs. The only GPIO I have that is close to sysfs 416 is GPIO10 which has sysfs number 417.

Hi sgamu,
416 is for pin 31 on 40-pin header which I asked you to use just to check if gpio toggling has issue.
Let me know the results.

Hi sgamu,

Any update here?

Yes. I am able to the toggle gpio 7 (sysfs 424) by looping it back to gpio 10 (sysfs 417) on my carrier board. The GPIO with sysfs number 416 has the ball name soc_gpio20 and is unused. The voltages were as you mentioned 0 and 3.3v when low and high respectively.

I did it this way because I don’t have a devkit, so I can’t use the GPIO expander for pin 31 and 32.

I would like to try this test on GPIO 13 which is also a PWM and I was wondering if you could be provide me with its name in the pinmux.cfg file and it’s GPIO and value for PWM and GPIO.

Hi sgamu,

For GPIO13: SOC_GPIO54: PWM1
Sysfs: 393
Reg address: 0x02440020: 0x402 (To use as PWM)

Thanks

Hi sgamu,

Please check and reply or we will close this ticket.

I’m sorry about the slow responses. I will update you on Monday.

Hi sgamu,

Any update? Is this still an issue to support?
Thanks

Hi Sgamu,

Waiting for your reply for almost 3 weeks.
If you have any issue, please file a new topic. I will close this one.

Hi guys, how is it going?
Could you extend what are the steps if the requirement is to get 4 PWM on the default devkit board with default stock OS, please?
linked thread