How to evaluate .etlt file

Hello sir,

I need to run tlt_evaluate on an .etlt file that was generated from a INT8 quantization (tlt_export). However, i realized that there is no way to evaluate a .etlt file?

In this case, what would you suggest i do to check the post-quantization accuracy drop?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Raymond Wong

Please refer to jupyter detectnet_v2 sample. You can run evaluation against trt engine instead.

!tlt-evaluate detectnet_v2 -e $SPECS_DIR/detectnet_v2_retrain_resnet18_kitti_qat.txt
-m $USER_EXPERIMENT_DIR/experiment_dir_final/resnet18_detector_qat.trt.int8
-f tensorrt

11. QAT workflow

D. Evaluate a QAT trained model using the exported TensorRT engine

Thanks for the reply Morgan. I apologize for not being very specific.

I have an .etlt file exported from a classification model (and not detectnet_v2). The -m option for tlt-evaluate seems to be built only for detectnet_v2 (or maybe some others) but not for classification models. I went through your metropolis documentation and i couldnt find any support for evaluating a classification model based on its .etlt or .trt engine files.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Raymond Wong

In classification, after pruned and retraining, actually you can still run tlt-evalutate against the tlt model. And also the tlt-infer can generate the output labels/images. For etlt model or trt engine, yes, seems that the classification does not proivde the evaluation ways as detectnet_v2. Currently, you can deploy etlt file or trt engine in Deepstream to verify.
Suggest you check as below.
a. After prune and retrain, get a tlt model, then run tlt-infer. Test one image.
b. Then generate etlt or trt engine, deploy and run in DS with a h264 file(generate based on above image). Check the output.
c. Compare a and b.

Hi Morgan,

Ok thank you very much for the clarification. I will use the recommended suggestions.

Cheers,
Raymond Wong