How to flash only the Camera Driver code (Kernel code)

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi,
I have already flashed Jetson Xavier AGX Jetpack 5.0.2 (rev 1) on my target h/w (Jetson AGX Xavier Platform). Now i’m writing the Camera i2c driver for AR0820. After compilation of Camera Driver using cmd:
make ARCH=arm64 O=$KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE -j4
and Installing the modules to the output directory using command:
make modules_install ARCH=arm64 O=$KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$KERNEL_MODULES_OUT
i then performed cmd: sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

But now i want to flash only my updates and do not want to reflash again from the scratch using cmd: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

Please let me know how i can only flash everytime the updates (drivers) that i build in my Ubuntu system.

Thanks
Mayur

Your topic was posted in the wrong category. I am moving this to the Jetson AGX Xavier category for visibility.

hello mayur.verma,

please use -k options to have partition update, you may see-also Flashing a Specific Partition for reference,
for example, $ sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

by the way,
it’s supported reading kernel image via file system, once you’ve define LINUX entry in the extlinux.conf, you may update kernel image without re-flash the target.
please refer to CBoot session, and please check [Kernel Boot Sequence Using extlinux.conf] for details.

Thanks Jerry.

Could you please let me know one more thing, Do we need to define overlay dtsi file? I have created for Ar0820: tegra194-camera-ar0820-a00.dtsi and platform dtsi file where GPIO is defined: tegra194-p2822-0000-camera-ar0820-a00.dtsi.
Is these files are enough to run my v4l2 camera module?

If overlay files like: tegra194-p2822-camera-imx185-overlay.dts this file need to be created then how to understand these parameters? Where i can find the detail information of these overlay parameters?

Thanks

hello mayur.verma,

it depends-on your own use-case.
you may have built-in driver to include all your DT changes, or having device tree overlay to apply them afterwards.

please refer to developer guide for details, To Create and Apply a DTB Overlay File.
thanks

Hi Jerry,

I’m building the whole kernel code like:
cd ~/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/kernel-5.10/
and then running the below commands:
make mrproper

make ARCH=arm64 O=$KERNEL_OUT tegra_defconfig

make ARCH=arm64 O=$KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE -j4

make modules_install ARCH=arm64 O=$KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$KERNEL_MODULES_OUT

After make… then i m copying the Image and dts files to kernel folder:
cp ./arch/arm64/boot/Image $JETPACK/kernel/
cp -r ./arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/* $JETPACK/kernel/dtb

then…
cd ~/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

then flash everything, using:
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

Am i doing correct? As after building the complete kernel files and flashing everything makes the Jetson machine unstable. I’m seeing blank screen and not able to get boot up properly. Login screen is not coming up and boot seems to fail or hang.

Thanks Mayur

hello mayur.verma,

by default. it’s CBoot functionality to load kernel image and device tree blob via file system.
please refer to /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf, it’s LINUX and FDT entry to specify the path of those binaries. you may try using scp to copy your binary files to target for testing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.