How to flash the eMMC of production module

How to flash the eMMC of the production module (900-13448-0020-000)?

The dev kit pin-out is different from the production module, but can it still be used to flash?

What are the altenative ways to flash?

Thanks.

Hi TritonAcc,

The current AGX Xavier, TX2 and TX1 are all eMMC modules, hence the flash method will be the same.
There will also be a new revision of the devkit available to work with production module.

Do you know when the new dev kit will be available? Since the production module is already available, is there a way we can get a new dev kit to test?

I am just curious what will happend after NVIDIA release their production module?

Since we already have ‘current version’ devkit base board and ‘current version’ Jetson Nano SOM w/o eMMC
If I book a Jetson Nano Devkit from NVIDIA after release date of production module, what will I expect to receive?
A: ‘current version’ devkit base board + ‘current version’ Jetson Nano SOM w/o eMMC
B: ‘new revision’ devkit base board + ‘new revision’ Jetson Nano SOM w/o eMMC

If the answer is B, how can final users distingulish those ‘old’ and ‘new’ modules to avoid mis-plug?
I mean for those final users whom may have batch of devkits.

Hi mayday19,

We will refresh the developer kit later this year with a new revision carrier board compatible with the production module. The Jetson ecosystem will also introduce new off the shelf carrier boards compatible with the production module.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

So my question is whether NVIDIA will ship ‘old’ carrier board with ‘old’ SOM module w/o eMMC, after release of new revision carrier board compatible with the production module later this year? AFAIK, pin defines are different, so they are not compatible with each other.

I doubt whether there will be 2 version of carrier boards and modules exist simultaneously in NVIDIA stock.

Very interesting kayccc, can you be a bit more precise on the expected date this will be available?