How to get CUDA fortran beta version installed

I downloaded both the pvf and workstation packages (9.04 updated Sep. 18). during install process, seems no indication cuda fortran is included. I tried compile a test code, it complains about all the CUDA fortran directives. I tried both use a .cuf extension, and use -Mcuda option. Is it a guide on how to setup the cuda fortran beta version? Thanks

Hi tty103,

The CUDA Fortran Beta is only available on Linux. Windows will be supported in the next release (10.0).

Thanks for your interest,
Mat

@mkcolg

can this -Mcuda option be used for C code compiled with -ta=nvidia? or is it for CUDA fortran only?

and is there anyway that I can view the CUDA code generated by the PGI compiler and modify it?

Thank You

EDIT: I found out that I could use -ta=nvidia,keepgpu (for the 2009 relase) to view the GPU code, but this is not mentioned in the PGI user guide 2009, only in the 2010 guide and release notes!!

can I modify that code now and recompile using it?

Hi ghandurah,

can this -Mcuda option be used for C code compiled with -ta=nvidia? or is it for CUDA fortran only?

“-Mcuda” is for CUDA Fortran only. For CUDA C, you will need to use NVIDIA’s nvcc.

“-ta=nvidia” can be used with either C or Fortran but only with PGI’s Accelerator directive/pragma model. The accelerator model is distinct from CUDA Fortran.

Please see my response to your other post on how to use the “keepgpu” flag.

• Mat