How to get current TSC clock?

Please provide the following info (tick the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS 6.0.8.1

Target Operating System
Linux

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager

How can I access the current TSC clock as 64 bit value?

Please refer to TSC timestamp when nvpps is disabled or ptp is not synching.

Access to /dev/mem is a security issue as big as New York. Is there any safe alternative?

Please refer to NVPPS PTP synchronization - #6 by VickNV.

We are not using nvpps or time synchronization at that point. ImageMetaData::frameCaptureStartTSC as well as ImageMetaData::frameCaptureTSC hold TSC timestamps why it should be somehow possible to access the TSC clock without having rw permission to the system memory in whole in order to make sense out of this values. I hope I am not exaggerating.

Could you elaborate on your concerns and provide more background on this query?

The SDK is intended for system software and application development. If you’re dealing with safety-critical issues or working on production-level projects, this would fall outside the scope of the SDK and forum support.

We are currently not trying to produce production code. Nevertheless I would prefer to avoid highly safety critical implementations.

According to your Metadata indicates 7+ seconds image latency, it seems that you’ve successfully obtained the TSC clock.

1 Like

Indeed. This was the kind of solution I was looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.