How to install whl files in Omniverse Kit

I am new to Omniverse and I need to install few .whl packages. How do we install whl dependency?

Thanks in advance

Welcome, @farman.ahmed ! Omniverse documentation is always the best place to start…let me know if this helps:
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/py/kit/source/extensions/omni.kit.pipapi/docs/index.html

Main documentation area for Kit is here: Kit Programming Manual — Omniverse Kit 102.1.2+release.46667.2027b54e.teamcity documentation

We also have a great developer-focused playlist here: Playlist | Omniverse Developer | NVIDIA On-Demand

Developer Resource Center: NVIDIA Omniverse - Developer Resource Center | NVIDIA Developer

By the way, GTC Spring 2022 sessions are now available for viewing here (requires registration): GTC 2022: #1 AI Conference

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. The Omniverse documentation site has more info and links to all tutorial videos (under the “Learning and Feedback” category on left nav bar): Omniverse Platform Overview — Omniverse Developer documentation

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Omniverse | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Hi @emendizabal,

Can you provide the exact steps to install whl files from my local machine?

Hello @farman.ahmed! I want to make sure I give you the correct instructions on how to do this. So I am waiting for confirmation from the developer before posting steps. Apologies for the wait.

While I am wafting for a reply from the dev team. I searched the Python manuals for some help here and found this information: Installing Python Modules — Python 3.10.4 documentation

I hope this helps!

Hi @WendyGram,

This documentation is not of any help as Omniverse uses its own distribution of Python, please let me know if you find something more relevant.

Hi @farman.ahmed,
If it helps, I will describe how I installed additional Python modules to the Omniverse Kit.
I have not been able to find any documentation on this issue, so I will describe how I arrived at it myself.
Please point out if there is a correct way to install the Python module for Omniverse.
(Structurally, it would be nice to be able to add it to kit\extscore\omni.kit.pip_archive)

Run the following at the command prompt to pass through the Python path.
Please replace the description of the Omniverse installation folder as appropriate.

set PYTHON3_PATH=[Omniverse installation folder]\ov\pkg\create-2021.3.8\kit\python
set PATH=%PYTHON3_PATH%;%PYTHON3_PATH%\Scripts;%PATH%
set PYTHONPATH=%PYTHON3_PATH%\Lib\site-packages

cd %PYTHON3_PATH%

Check if pip is available.

python -m pip -V

The following was displayed

pip 21.2.1+nv2712501 from [Omniverse installation folder]\ov\pkg\create-2021.3.8\kit\python\Lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.7)

I can confirm that pip is not available as is.

I could list what I have installed as pip below.

python -m pip list

Additional packages can be installed by following these steps.

python -m pip install [PackageName]

Specify the package in [PackageName] (e.g. wheel).

You may be able to install the whl package this way.
I installed some additional Python packages into Omniverse.
After this, when Omniverse Create was started, it was able to recognize Python packages.

I found “Using other packages from pip” in the Kit documentation.
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/py/kit/docs/guide/python.html

I have not yet confirmed that it works, but it may be best to use this.