How to loadPlugin "OmniverseMayaLoader.mll" for maya2022 from mayapy

hello when I install maya2022 and the autodesk maya omniverse connector in windows, autoload the plugin OmniverseMayaLoader.mll.
I can export the usd from the UI. But when use the python script :
import maya.mel as mel
import maya.standalone
maya.standalone.initialize()
mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’)
It crash for
Error: file: D:/program/maya2022/Maya2022/scripts/others/addNewShelfTab.mel line 57 : setParent: Object '' not found.
API error detected in E:/w/ebe3de56d7a95e2/source/maya/plugin.cpp at line 353
: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
InitParameters()
I change the version for maya2020, the problem is also exits.
thanks for your help.

Hi @1334138759 , and thank you for joining the forums and posting this issue. Can you provide this info:

OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file? For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

In the meantime, you are also welcome to chat with other Omniverse users on our official Discord server: NVIDIA Omniverse

Thanks again. :)

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
GPU:RTX2070
gpu driver:472.12
cuda version:11.0
my script: import maya.mel as mel
import maya.standalone
maya.standalone.initialize()
mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’)

my cmd : D:\program\maya2022\Maya2022\bin\mayapy.exe H:\USD\code\d2e-maya-script\d2e-maya-script\a.py

The crash is :

the log file is :
nvidia-omniverse-logs.zip (583.1 KB)
I try the maya2020, the result is alse crash。
thanks very much!

Another community member is reporting seeing something simular:
kluenchan

Jan 3

Is there a solution for installing both mayaUsdPlugin.mll and OminverseMayaLoader.mll together in maya?
Because once I installed OminverseMayaLoader. MayaUsd plugin auto load get turn off. even if I tired to turn it on manually. I would get this error message.
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified procedure could not be found.
(mayaUsdPlugin) //

Dear user,
How about that you can turn off the auto-load option in Maya plugin manager. Then after you start maya with UI, you can use script command mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’) to load it.
I tried your way. Maya will send out quit event. Even if comment the last line of loading our plugin, mayapy ends quickly. But if I start mayapy without any python script file as argument, mayapy enters interactive mode. Then I can copy and paste your python scripts line by line including loading our plugin. It works well. Maybe you can try it also.
I did notice some of the output errors. We will fix those errors in next release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.