How to mange lost messages in intermittent connectivity with NvMsgBroker?

In my current setup, I’m using NvMsgBroker with Kafka to log msgs. It works fine when there is a stable connection all the time.

When there is intermittent connectivity, it disconnects and messages start to get lost because MsgBroker can’t connect to the Kafka server.

Is there a way so that I can save the messages locally if it fails and send it later when it is connected again?

• Hardware Platform: Jetson nano
• DeepStream Version: 5.0
• JetPack Version: 4.4DP

To solve this,
can we make changes to MsgBroker plugin which saves the messages locally in text file and uploads it later when there is connectivity?

Is this a good approach or there are better ways to handle this ?

Hi,
There will be a auto-reconnect feature implemented in the new msgbroker library, thanks for your patience.

There is reconnects automatically now also in deepstream 5.0
but I want it to save messages locally in case of failure so that no messages are ever lost if it never connects again to kafka server.

The new msgbroker library implemented for 5.0 developer preview doesn’t have the auto reconnect Capability.
But for azure - the underlying azure framework provides auto reconnect roughly upto 2 mins downtime
as of now, any failed messages are discarded. The publish retry or saving messages in queue feature is out of scope for 5.0