How to publish GMSL camera images to ROS?

Hello all
@keerthi

See here ROS gmsl camera drivers for the latest SDK (DriveInstall5.0.5): [url]https://github.com/DavidTorresOcana/ros_gmsl_driver/tree/0ea51ee8751d4381c30275fd298e8f660118da7f[/url]

I am still getting low performance (+100% CPU usage) with 4 cameras: Has anybody gotten more than 25FPS with 4 cameras? @mpechon @cshort

I am trying with OpenCV for CUDA, but still getting +100% CPU usage

Regards

Hi David,

Thanks for providing the new driver.

I actually ended up using this driver for now (GitHub - yuxiang-gao/gmsl_driver_multiple: Nvidia Driveworks sample drivenet&lanenet combined as a ros node). Although this isn’t intended to work directly on latest SDK (5.0.5), I tried and modified some minor API calls to make it work and it is consuming 15% CPU for one AR0231 camera at 30 FPS. If I add more cameras and test it, I will post it here. I will try yours too if this driver causes any more issues in the future.

Thanks,
Keerthi

Anyone here got the AR0231 camera working at different frame rate than the default 30 FPS? I want to get it to run at 20 FPS. Any thoughts and suggestions on how to do that?

@nevermoreao4sv

How do you do NVMEDIA JPEG encoding? Can you provide a snippet? Thanks!

Hello everybody,
Is there anybody manage to work with sdk 5.0.10 and gmsl/ros publisher?
There are errors mentioned by ‘keerthi’ and more.

What is the best way to change/update the existing driver, do you have any advise?

many thanks,

Hello

Take a look here (master and all branches): https://github.com/DavidTorresOcana/ros_gmsl_driver

@athanasios You will find an example on how to do compression with Drivewroks and then publish the frames.

@ugur.yavas This was compiled with SDK 5.0.5, so I would encourage you to try to compile the package with SDK 5.0.10. It should be just a mater of updating the includes and 3rdparty’s and the cmake files. On the cmake files, you may need to modify ArchConfiguration.cmake lines 17 to 19 as in the repo.

Please let us know how it goes with the new SDK and if you managed to compile.

Regards