How to pull in assets from a non-'assets' directory?

I have a project where all my app-resources are stored in some random directory, let’s call it ‘Bob’. I know that, when setting up the apk, the build system is assuming that all the resources are in the ‘assets’ directory, but I really would like to redirect this to ‘Bob’. I tried specifying assets_dir=d:/Bob in both the project.properties, and the ant.properties, but both of those solutions failed to incorporate the resources, and failed with C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Android\vs-android.Cpp.Android.Build.targets(220,5): error MSB6001: Invalid command line switch for “D:\NVPACK\apache-ant-1.8.2\bin\ant.bat”. An item with the same key has already been added.

And sure enough, I see that aapt is called with:

1> [aapt] ‘-A’
1> [aapt] ‘d:\MyProject\assets’

What’s the proper way to set this up?

Hi BillFarquhar,
I tried it with assets.dir=C:\NVPACK\TDK_Samples\tegra_android_native_samples_v10p10\assets in the project.properties and ant.properties. there is no error. could you try it again?

Thanks. I tried this, and indeed the error went away (I realized I was using “assets_dir” rather than “assets.dir”), but it has not solved the problem, unfortunately. It’s still trying to pull in assets from the ‘assets’ directory, as evidenced by the ant verbose output: “1> [aapt] ‘-A’
1> [aapt] ‘d:\MyProject\assets’”

I also see this in the verbose output: “Override ignored for property “assets.dir””, although maybe that’s because we’re defining ‘assets.dir’ in two places?

FWIW, I’ve given up on this, and am now using Window 7’s robcopy as a pre-link step, to copy all my various assets (which were distributed across multiple directories) into the ‘assets’ directory, as expected by Ant.