NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[*] 1.4.0.7363
other

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi,

Does NvMedia Framework offer a way to read the camera sensor temperature? I am using IMX390 sensors and I want to read the camera sensor temperature register.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
-Daniel

Dear @dgarba ,
We will check internally and update you. May I know why you are looking for this? Any use case?

Thanks @SivaRamaKrishnaNV.

The use case is to assess how fogging on the lens is related to the camera temperature.

Best regards,
-Daniel

Dear @dgarba ,
May I know if you want to know about the sensor temperature or separate temperature HW which is out of the sensor?

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,

I want to read the internal camera temperature sensor, not an external temperature sensor HW.

Dear @dgarba ,
we do not have any APIs in Nvmedia to achieve this. Could you check with vendor too?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

Can the NvMediaISCTemperature Struct be used to read camera sensor temperature? If not what is it intended for?

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.0.0L/drive-os/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/baggage/structNvMediaISCTemperature.html

float_t NvMediaISCTemperature::sensorTempCelsius[NVMEDIA_ISC_MAX_NUM_TEMPERATURES]
→ Holds the values of active sensor temperatures in degrees Celsius.

Best regards,
-Daniel

Dear @dgarba ,
My apologies for the delay.
SIPL provides the method to deliver the sensor temperature (https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.0.0L/drive-os/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/baggage/structnvsipl_1_1INvSIPLClient_1_1ImageMetaData.html#aa8237ea1bb2c21b73964996276d71658) if the image sensor(e.g. AR0820) driver implements a logic to parse the temperature from the embedded data. Please see if it helpful?