How to reflash the system if the only USB-C port is not working?

I met the same issue as below:

Continuing the discussion from Jetpack 5.0.2,Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, one type-c not working:

It seems like reflashing the system can solve the issue. But since the USB-C port is not working, my host computer cannot detect the Jetson and I’m not able to flash it by flash.sh.

May I know how to flash the jetpack if the only USB-C port is not working?

I use sdkmanager, at the beginning i use the usb-c, and next i use network(becouse there is no 192.168.55.1).

if you cann’t use flash, you can use sdkmanager

Hi,
Please check if you can enter recovery mode by following the steps:

1. Power on the device
  2. Press force-recovery button
  3. Press reset button

If it cannot enter recovery mode, the developer kit may be broken and please check
Jetson FAQ | NVIDIA Developer

Did you meet the same issue in the link I attached?

I’m able to enter the recovery mode but I cannot flash my system since the only USB-C port for connecting to the host is not working after I flash to JetPack 5.0.2. Please check my attached reference discussion.

Hi,
Please try this method:
Error reading from Serial Device, Incorrect credentials - #11 by DaneLLL
Error reading from Serial Device, Incorrect credentials - #13 by mail2athi

Okay, I will try it first but I don’t think I can do flashing using the USB-C port in any method since the port is not working now. It gives no response even connecting to a mouse, keyboard, or any other devices, only working as a power supply.

Hi,

I think you didn’t understand the problem correctly.

This is not a hardware problem but a software problem. Which means your port is not dead.
You can still flash your board because flashing board does not use those softwares. Flashing device always does not care about what you pre-installed on it previously.

You need to apply the patch we mentioned on thread Jetpack 5.0.2,Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, one type-c not working - #37 by WayneWWW

So that after flashing the board, the driver woud work properly and usb type C would work again.

However, If your issue is you are totally not able to flash, then your issue is separate one.

Okay, then I might meet another issue. Here is the ‘lsusb’ result after I connect the Jetson Orin to Host PC.
lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0bda:0328 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB3.0-CRW
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0c45:673b Microdia Integrated_Webcam_HD
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 187c:0550 Alienware Corporation AW-ELC
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0d62:3740 Darfon Electronics Corp.
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 8087:0033 Intel Corp.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

And below is the output after I ran: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R35 , REVISION: 1.0

###############################################################################
Error: probing the target board failed.
Make sure the target board is connected through
USB port and is in recovery mode.

The fact is after I flash the OS for JetPack 5.0.2, and before the SDK installation, the Jetson disconnected and the USB-C port is not working anymore.

Sorry, I just realized I didn’t enter the force recovery mode properly… Now it’s working. Thanks for helping!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.