How to reflash TX2 without original login credentials?

I have a Jetson TX2 for which I have forgotten the login credentials. I would like to reflash the TX2 with the latest Jetpack (4.4). I don’t care about wiping out what’s on there already. However, when using the sdk manager it seems to require me knowing the original login credentials?

Here’s what I’m doing:

I run the sdkmanager, and see 2 options: Automatic Setup and Manual Setup.

I choose Manual setup, and follow the instructions (e.g. Hold force recovery, press power, release force recovery button) and click Flash.

I get to the screen that says “SDK Manager is About to Install SDK Components on Your Jetson TX2”. The instructions say to “Complete the Ubuntu System configuration wizard on your TX2”.

I interpret this as meaning I need to connect to the TX2, so i plug it into a monitor to do so, but there is no display output (monitor is blank). So I can’t complete the Ubuntu System configuration wizard on the TX2.

I tried Skipping this screen and rebooting the TX2, but the display output still is empty. I can’t seem to get into the TX2.

How can I solve this problem?

Hi,

Please use the oem-config through micro usb cable. In this method, you need to install console tools like minicom and picocom on your host. Connect the micro usb cable between the tegra and your host. Then, use minicom to open /dev/ttyACM0. It shall show the configuration prompt on your host side.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2Fflashing.html%23wwpID0E0JB0HA