How to remove JetPack 3.0 on TX2?

Since JetPack 3.1 is released, so I want to remove JetPack 3.0 and install JetPack 3.1. Do you know how to remove JetPack 3.0 on TX2?

Thanks.

Hi zimenglan,

You can use JetPack3.0 to uninstall:

./JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run
In "Component Manager" -> Action choose "uninstall" -> Next (start remove)

Hi carolyuu,

You means that I run *.run in TX2 instead of host?

Thanks.

Hi zimenglan,

No, please run “JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run” on host.
Attached picture for you reference.

Hi carolyuu

Thans a lot.

Hi carolyuu

I follow your instructions, but I can’t remove JetPack 3.0, it only removes something on host.

Thanks.

Jetpack is the tool that you install on the host.
The Jetpack tool installs Linux4Tegra on the target Jetson board, using flashing.
If you want to remove Linux4Tegra from the Jetson board, what do you want to replace it with? You need some version for the board to boot.
The latest version of Linux4Tegra is in the 28.1 release, which is part of Jetpack 3.1.
To install Linux4Tegra 28.1 onto the TX2, you should download and install Jetpack 3.1 on the host, and then use the flashing procedure to flash the target.
Note that flashing will erase anything that was previously on the target.

1 Like

Hi snarky,

I have installed JetPack 3.0 on my TX2, so I want to remove it and install JetPack 3.1 instead. But I have no idea how to remove JetPack 3.0.

Thanks.

Hi zimenglan,

You can install JetPack3.1 directly.
When flashing r28.1 image on your tx2, it will erase everything, so you don’t need remove JetPack3.0.

Thanks!

Hi carolyuu and snarky,

thanks for your help. I will try what you say to install the JetPack 3.1.

Hi carolyuu and snarky,

I follow your instruction to install JetPack 3.1 by flashing to remove JetPack 3.0. It works.
Thanks for your great help.