How to remove RTSP buffer from Deepstream app

Hi!

We are running Nvidia deepstream with YoloV8 on a Jetson Orin with a RTSP source for real time applications. Usually the application runs at 30fps, but sometimes it will run a bit slower, around 27, frames will buffer and it will run behind, sometimes it will build up enough to be about a minute behind which makes it unusable for our application. I would like to remove the buffer or at least decrease the buffer size to something that will fix this problem. We are using the Deepstream-Yolo apps and I have tried using the configuration files along with fields described in this documentation page:

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_ref_app_deepstream.html

with no success. I believe it might be somewhere in the deepstream_app.c or deepstream_app_main.c code but have been unable to find that as well. I’m only vaguely familiar with gstreamer and would like some help removing the buffer so the application will not lag and run in real time. I’m okay with losing frames for the sake of latency.

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Xavier Jetson
• DeepStream Version 6.2
• JetPack Version 5.1
• TensorRT Version 8.5.2
• Issue Type: Question

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

1. You can try to set the drop-on-latency paramter to the rtspsrc.
  2. You need to set the live-source=1 to the nvstreammux when you use the live source.
  3. It is best to ensure that the I-frame interval in your rtsp stream is not too long.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.