How to reset network setting to default?

Hello all,

I kinda messed up network settings using the Nvidia Jetson TX2.
Is there a method to reset all network settings to be default condition?

That’s a difficult one. In some cases, if you don’t know what was done, you could end up flashing again. On the other hand, if you use a GUI app like “nm-connection-editor”, then it might be easy to see what is wrong. If you don’t have “nm-connection-editor”, then “sudo apt-get install network-manager-gnome”. You can run this sudo on command line:
sudo nm-connection-editor

Hello Linuxdev,

Thank you very much for the response. Since the TX2 could not either connect to internet (both Wi-Fi dongle and Internet Ethernet do not work), I am currently trying to solve the internet connection problem at the moment.

At the same time, I have several TX2s in my lab and so I am comparing with the TX2 which newly flashed by looking at the Netmanager related script. I spent a day yesterday doing this and let’s see what’s gonna happen today…

I would definitely try to get wired working first and ignore WiFi until wired works. I suspect having other TX2s which work as a comparison via nm-connection-editor is the best way to look at it, so you have a good start. When you get to WiFi there is a lot more to consider and which can go wrong, whereas wired has known drivers and no special WiFi security setup.

Aha, good idea… I will try it from now one and let you know.
Thank you very much!

I kinda found a problem (not solution yet).

Using “ifconfig -a” command according to the manual shown in the following link (https://superuser.com/questions/328800/missing-eth0-ethernet-interface-in-ubuntu-cant-connect-to-router, written by atanamir), and by comparing two TX2s(one’s wired internet is working fine since I newly flashed and the other’s wired internet is not working) using nm-connection-editor, I could notice that the “eth1 (88:36:6C:FD:AC:7A)” does not show up when I plugged in the LAN to faulty TX2.

So, I am currently trying to make eth1 show up again in the faulty TX2.

Is eth1 from a PCIe card, or USB dongle, or some other format as an add-on? If that is known, then steps required to see if the basic hardware requirements are met could be added to testing.

If you have the time and disk space, then some experiments would be useful with cloning both, and then comparing the clones on the host PC. Possibly flashing one clone into the other TX2, but there are some requirements before you restore one clone into another TX2 (depending on which L4T release…see “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release” before starting since this would have to match on both boards to swap clones…any MAC address in udev files would also need to be edited).

Sorry for the late response. I have played around restoring and backing up the TX2 to find out what is the origin of the problem I am confronted with, and now I found a “problem.”

The problem is that I am using too many USB devices which results in a lack of power flow to the USB-Ethernet converter.

I am using two 4-Port USB 3.0 hubs (without power adapter) and a7-Port USB 3.0 hub (with power adapter) all of which are connected to the TX2 USB port. With all hubs are connected, the USB-Ethernet converter does not give internet connection, but when I plug only a single 4-Port USB hub, yes, the internet comes up.

Now, I can connect to the internet (although only with a single 4-Port USB port), so I can move on to finish up the Ubiquity Point to Point Bridge setup.

Thank you very much for the supports, Linuxdev.

That’s a good catch. For testing purposes I almost always use externally powered HUBs for that very reason. This is something that can be hard to find since the hardware is working, and so is the software, but there is still a failure.