How to run Jetson Tx2 onboard camera, together with deepstream application

Hi, i am relatively new on how to run the jetson tx2 on board camera. I am trying to do a live object detection.Currently i have exported my TLT trained weights (ver 3.0) into jetson tx2 ( installed with jetpack 4.5.1) and managed to run deepstream successfully against the h264 video file to perform object detection. My question is, how do i run jetson tx2 on board camera and at the same time do a live object detection task with the trained weights that i managed to export

i know there is a deepstream python script, deepstream-test1-usbcam which allow us to run deepstream with a usb camera and also i have researched on a discussion forum(use camera on jetson TX2 - #8 by ben.lemond) using the command: gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink which allows me to run the onboard camera live but idk how to link these two together

Can you replace v4l2src with nvarguscamerasrc to have a try in deepstream-test1-usbcam?

So i have to run this command: gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink and then run the deepstream-test1-usbcam python script which is python3 deepstream_test_1_usb.py /dev/video0 am i right? are there any steps in between because i couldnt find any forum regarding this and im relatively new to using the onboard camera together with deepstream

i tried running the gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink command but i recieve this output:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL …
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(3055): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn’t want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Setting pipeline to READY …
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …

Also, is there any documents on how to run the tx2 onboard camera, setting up the pipeline etc?

hi @kesong, can i get some replies?

What is the status now?

still not able to run the deepstream usb python file using tx2 onboard camera

Yes, need change source plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.