How to set full screen display?

Hi,

I am running dusty-nv inference and it runs great.
How can I make the display to cover the full screen?
I was looking at this forum, do I just need to update the github and
display.SetMaximized(True)
or display.SetFullscreen(True)
in python code? Kind of lost, sorry.

I have git clone the newest github and add the line
display.SetMaximized(True)
or display.SetFullscreen(True)
error of no attribute though… still debugging
Do I need to install/update the jetson-utils?
I follow

git clone --recursive https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-inference jetson-inference-new

Will it update the jetson-utils?

Thanks.

I run the full screen example and it works, but not the posenet
I guess the difference is this function
display = jetson.utils.videoOutput(…)
How to solve it? Thx

Hi @AK51, yes you would need to change it over to using jetson.utils.glDisplay() instead of jetson.utils.videoOutput() because those extended functions (such as SetMaximized/SetFullscreen) are only in the glDisplay object. There are some other minor differences as well, but if you take a working script that uses glDisplay then you should be able to add poseNet to it.

Dear Dusty,
I have successfully get the full screen, thx.
And how to read the fps from jetson.utils.glDisplay()… still searching for it…
Thx

Hi @AK51, you can call glDisplay.GetFPS()

The Python bindings for glDisplay can be found here: https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-utils/blob/7de695d94271ba1ae77a4358f427c0887b09084f/python/bindings/PyGL.cpp#L442

Hi,

Sorry, for the follow up question.
I can make a full screen thx, but if Ubuntu has a crash before (I guess the power is off without proper shutdown), a notification window pops-up (crash report) on top of the full-screen. The notification window will be there even after a proper shutdown.
How can I put this full screen window on top? Or Disable the crash report or update window?
Thx

Hi @AK51, sorry for the delay - I believe what you want to disable is called the “apport” service:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.