How to set log severity in DeepStream 5

Right now when I run the pipeline there’s a lot of INFO messages like:

Now playing:
gstnvtracker: Loading low-level lib at ../lib/libnvds_nvdcf.so
gstnvtracker: Optional NvMOT_RemoveStreams not implemented
gstnvtracker: Batch processing is ON
[NvDCF] Initialized
0:00:01.055599330 28854 0x55ba0f683780 INFO                 nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:602:gst_nvinfer_logger:<primary-nvinference-engine> NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Info from NvDsInferContextImpl::buildModel() <nvdsinfer_context_impl.cpp:1591> [UID = 1]: Trying to create engine from model files

INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm1_162: broadcasting input0 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[1,38,19][NONE] dims(input1)=[256,19,19][NONE].
INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm2_162: broadcasting input1 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[256,38,19][NONE] dims(input1)=[1,19,38][NONE].

NFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm1_162: broadcasting input0 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[1,38,19][NONE] dims(input1)=[256,19,19][NONE].
INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm2_162: broadcasting input1 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[256,38,19][NONE] dims(input1)=[1,19,38][NONE].
INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm1_170: broadcasting input0 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[1,76,38][NONE] dims(input1)=[128,38,38][NONE].
INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm2_170: broadcasting input1 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[128,76,38][NONE] dims(input1)=[1,38,76][NONE].
INFO: ../nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: Some tactics do not have sufficient workspace memory to run. Increasing workspace size may increase performance, please check verbose output.

And so on and so forth. Is there a way to filter this out? I’m currently using a custom .so file taking a reference from libnvdsinfer_custom_Yolo.so so in the NvDsInferYoloCudaEngineGet is there a way to set the ILogger severity level (since it’s not static I can’t set it outside the scope)? Furthermore, there’s also GStreamer INFO messages that I’d like to get rid. Is there a way to do that?

• Hardware Platform: NVIDIA T4
• DeepStream Version: 5.0
• TensorRT Version: 7
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version 440

set GST_DEBUG to an integer of your choice (1-9). See details of each level at that link.
edit: nevermind. didn’t read closely. Googling I don’t see a way to set that via an environment variable so you may have to modify nvinfer unless somebody from nvidia has another solution.

And so on and so forth. Is there a way to filter this out? I’m currently using a custom .so file taking a reference from libnvdsinfer_custom_Yolo.so so in the NvDsInferYoloCudaEngineGet is there a way to set the ILogger severity level (since it’s not static I can’t set it outside the scope)?

-> you can not set ILogger severity level via environments, it’s from TensorRT Logging API.

Furthermore, there’s also GStreamer INFO messages that I’d like to get rid. Is there a way to do that?

-> NFO: …/nvdsinfer/nvdsinfer_func_utils.cpp:37 [TRT]: mm1_162: broadcasting input0 to make tensors conform, dims(input0)=[1,38,19][NONE] dims(input1)=[256,19,19][NONE].
you mean this INFO? or you missed pasted?

So is there no way of suppressing the TensorRT log messages? I’d ideally want to get rid of all the info messages.

There are also a couple of nvinfer log messages. I’m unsure if those are generated by GStreamer through the gst-nvinfer plugin, or TensorRT through nvinfer.

1 Like

You can not disable the TRT log.