OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
- I have two monitors, DFP-0 and DFP-1, both are 2560x1600 DVI-D devices.
- Using Nvidia driver DFP-0 EDID Checksum fails test, so monitor is not detected and does not turn on (it works fine in nouveau surprisingly).
- I can tell X to ignore EDID Checksum, but this gets overwritten every time I update driver.
- Above permits DFP-0 to actually work, however its resolution information is not passed to Layout/Screen Configuration where its still marked as an 800x600 device.
- So whenever I start up my system and log in, my second monitor is at position +800,0 instead of +2560,0.
Is there any way to specify resolution and refresh rate via nvidia-settings so that its saved every time? I see that nvidia-settings generates xorg.conf so it will overwrite it on each driver update, even if I manually configure the monitor and display/screen in there.