How to stop "PGF90-W-0170-F90 extension" warnings?

Hello,

I’m compiling some standard f95 code using pgf95 and I’m getting the following warnings:

pgf95  -c -g -byteswapio -Ktrap=ovf,divz -Mbounds -Mchkstk -Mdclchk -Minform,inform -Mnosave -Mstandard -Mref_externals -Kieee Unit_Test.f90
PGF90-W-0170-F90 extension: PURE attribute  (Unit_Test.f90: 841)
PGF90-W-0170-F90 extension: PURE attribute  (Unit_Test.f90: 861)
PGF90-W-0170-F90 extension: PURE attribute  (Unit_Test.f90: 881)
PGF90-W-0170-F90 extension: PURE attribute  (Unit_Test.f90: 901)

The PURE attribute is standard fortran95. Does pgf95 decide the standard checking level based on the source file extension? I use *.f90 to indicate the code is in free (not fixed) format.

What do I need to do to make these spurious warning go away - and by that I don’t mean simply changing the -Minform level. They get in the way of other, more significant warnings.

cheers,

paulv

Hi Paul,

A fellow comp.lang.fortran user, Bil Kelb, pointed this out to us a bit ago (See: Fortran 95 standard compliance warnings) and was fixed as of the 8.0-5 release.

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Mat,

Once again, thanks for the quick response.

Ah, yes, I recall his posts now you mention it.

Is there a list of all the TR’s you have fixed for particular releases? That would certainly make it easier to cross-reference individual TRs (that any one user may be following) against a particular release – release notes tend not to have that level of detail. Do you guys have a bugzilla-like issue tracker that users/license holder can access to have a lookee to see the progress of a particular TR?

Thanks again,

paulv

I did do a search of the PGI forums on this topic but got so many matches to my (obviously ill-chosen) keywords, I wimped out and just posted. Sorry. :o)

Hi Paul,

Is there a list of all the TR’s you have fixed for particular releases?

See: http://www.pgroup.com/support/release_tprs.htm

Do you guys have a bugzilla-like issue tracker that users/license holder can access to have a lookee to see the progress of a particular TR?

We tried a number of years ago to implement some form of externally visible bug tracking system. While there were a number of challenges, concerns over customer confidentially ultimately stopped the project. What we did decide is to start-up this user’s forum. The reasoning being that if customer posts a question or a bug to a public forum, then it’s implicitly public.

Don’t worry about duplicate questions. I usually can come up with a better answer the second time around anyway ;-).

• Mat

• Mat