How to the gstreamer improve FPS and preview video on Orin NX?

I could preview video and get FPS on OSD by below gstreamer command:

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! “video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080” ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=1 sync=0

I could improve FPS by below gstreamer command, but it can’t preview video:

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! “video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080” ! nvvidconv ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080” ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=0 video-sink=fakesink sync=0

I want to improve FPS and preview video at the same time, but it get some gstreamer faile.

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! “video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080” ! nvvidconv ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080” ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=1 sync=0

I attache the fail log.
gstreamer_fpsdisplaysink_fail_log_20240423.txt (2.6 KB)

How to improve FPS and preview video at the same time?

Hi,
Please try the command:

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw, format=(string)UYVY, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080" ! nvvidconv ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080" ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=0 video-sink=nv3dsink sync=0

Yes, this command is working.
Thanks for your information.

How do I know what properties values ​​​​can be set for video-sink of fpsdisplaysink?
I use “gst-inspect-1.0 fpsdisplaysink” to query parameter information,
and I only see video-sink could set to Object of type “GstElement”.

video-sink : Video sink to use (Must only be called on NULL state)
flags: readable, writable
Object of type “GstElement”

How to know video-sink could set value to fakesink, nv3dsink,…?

Hi,
Either fakesink or nv3dsink can set to video-sink. Please set it along with text-overlay=0

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.