How to train a custom object detection model ssd_mobilenet_v1_coco and ssd_inception_v2_coco on google colab tensorflow 1.15.2?

Basically I have been trying to train a custom object detection model with ssd_mobilenet_v1_coco and ssd_inception_v2_coco on google colab tensorflow 1.15.2 using tensorflow object detection api. As soon as I start training it throws error for both the models respectively.

I also ran the python object_detection/builders/model_builder_tf1_test.py and it passed all the test without any errors or warnings.

ValueError: ssd_inception_v2 is not supported. See model_builder.py for features extractors compatible with different versions of Tensorflow.

ValueError: ssd_mobilenet_v1_coco is not supported. See model_builder.py for features extractors compatible with different versions of Tensorflow.

I have successfully changed the tensorflow to 1.15.2 by using below command this is my first step before installing any of the dependencies.

%tensorflow_version 1.x
import tensorflow
print(tensorflow.__version__)

When I checked the model_builder.py I can see that they still have support for ssd_mobilenet_v1 and ssd_inception_v2. I want to deploy my custom trained model ssd_mobilenet_v1 or ssd_inception_v2 on jetson tx2 by converting them into trt-tf models . In these 2 documents link1 and link2 we can see object detection models which can be converted to tf-trt models. So my question is how can I train these models as they are supported on google colab on tensorflow 1.15.2 and deploy on jetson txt for converting them to tf-trt models? Can anyone guide me through it would be really helpful to conitue my learning and learn something interesting thanks

Hi,

It looks like this is a compatible issue in TensorFlow.
Have you checked this with the TensorFlow team first?

Thanks.