how to transfer the OS file from external storage device to the eMMC in the Tx2 module, when the original Ubuntu is unworkable?

Hi,a big question disturbs me a lot, it will be a great pleasure to hear the answer: how to transfer the OS file from external storage device to the eMMC in the Tx2 module, when the original Ubuntu is unworkable? of course, the Tx2 module is powered on,a FPGA is used to control the state of external storage device and Tx2 module.

Best Regards!

More details are needed. Is this a regular dev kit, or is it a custom carrier? When you say Ubuntu is not working, does this mean you want to copy a file in without booting Ubuntu? If so, what file…is it part of the o/s? How is the FPGA connected and what is the format of the storage?

Is this a regular dev kit, or is it a custom carrier?–we can design the carrier board if it is needed.

When you say Ubuntu is not working, does this mean you want to copy a file in without booting Ubuntu?----Yes, the FPGA, ARM and NANDFlash ( or eMMC) may be incorporated in the designed carrier board, so TX2 module can be controlled. we want to copy a file from NANDFlash or eMMC on the designed carrier board into the eMMC of TX2 module without booting Ubuntu, can we?

If you can reach recovery mode and have the micro-USB connector, then you can. Cloning uses recovery mode, and within this the flash.sh script (in “Linux_for_Tegra/”) allows you to copy the rootfs partition. However, details on cloning differ somewhat between releases, so we’ll need to know which release you are using.

If you don’t know the release, then normally I would just say check with “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”, but obviously you can’t do that. If you have the directory used for flashing, then you could use (from the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory) “head -n 1 rootfs/etc/nv_tegra_release”.

Thx a lot!
recovery mode can be reached by pulling down the voltage of recovery circuit on the designed carrier board,the USB 3.0 is retained, is the plan workable?

Recovery mode is only over the USB2 micro-B USB…the USB3 side is not wired internally to work as recovery mode port (the port becomes a device instead of a host when in recovery mode…this is more or less hard wired to USB2). Do you have a micro-OTG or micro-B port? If so you are set. If not, then it is a problem I’m not sure of how to work around.