How to uninstall cuda 6.5

The documentation refers to a script which is not present in the path.

Actually trying to cross compile for jetson and unknowingly installed 6.5, so trying to uninstall 6.5 and install 6, can 6 and 6.5 coexist ? If so how ?

4.11. Uninstallation
To uninstall the CUDA Toolkit, run the uninstallation script provided in the bin
directory of the toolkit. By default, it is located in
/usr/local/cuda-6.5/bin:
$sudo /usr/local/cuda-6.5/bin/uninstall_cuda_6.5.pl
To uninstall the NVIDIA Driver, run
nvidia-uninstall:
$sudo /usr/bin/nvidia-uninstall

OS
Linux LinuxLT 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:08 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

CUDA 6 and CUDA 6.5 can coexist.

By default, they will be installed in separate directories:

/usr/local/cuda-6.0
/usr/local/cuda-6.5

The installer will then offer to create a symbolic link for you:

/usr/local/cuda -> /usr/local/cuda-6.5

Any time you want to change, just change the symbolic link.
But you need to keep the driver that came with cuda 6.5 (or newer) on your system. Generally speaking, newer drivers are compatible with older CUDA versions. So the driver that ships with the CUDA 6.5 installer is also compatible with CUDA 6.0 usage, but not vice-versa.

If you really want to “uninstall” a CUDA toolkit (only, not the driver) it should be sufficient to delete the corresponding directory (/usr/local/cuda-6.5). Of course you need to make sure environment variables such as PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH point to the desired/new location. Using the symbolic link helps manage this (in my opinion.)

I have cuda 6.5 installed on a machine, and I can find this file:

/usr/local/cuda-6.5/bin/uninstall_cuda_6.5.pl

If it is not present on your install, it would seem that something is wrong with your install. If your observation is that it “is not present in the path” then maybe your PATH environment variable is not set correctly. In that case just invoke it directly as indicated:

sudo /usr/local/cuda-6.5/bin/uninstall_cuda_6.5.pl

If you did not install your CUDA 6.5 in the default location, then you would have to modify these commands accordingly.

Thanks you very much. the file was not found, so something might have gone wrong, let me verify.