How to update dtb partition only from device

Hi,

I’m using TX2NX with JP 4.6.1, cboot as main bootloader. Secure boot enabled, SKBPKC, also kernel/dtb encryption and disk encryption.
My product has several variants (uses the same TX2NX + carrier board design, just different in add-on devices) , so I plan to have multiple DTB, one for each variant.

Can I generate BUP binary for dtb only (at image creating time) and flash specific DTB file into kernel-dtb or kernel-dtb_b on the device? And can you please guide me how to do that? Thank you.

hello HnilND,

you cannot perform partition update once you have SecureBoot enabled.

1 Like

Hi Jerry,

So, the only way I can do is generate multiple bl_update_payload/full_init_payload versions, and once I want to use different DTB, need to update full corresponding payload file? This will uses spaces in firmware files.

Can cboot load & apply DTBO on TX2NX? Is there anyway you can think of to have different DTB/DTBO in a single BUP payload?
Thank you.

hello HnilND,

yes, you should be able to generate secure BUP in a secured environment for updating the target.

Thanks Jerry.

Do you have any idea about my later concerns Can cboot load & apply DTBO on TX2NX? Is there anyway you can think of to have different DTB/DTBO in a single BUP payload??

Is this still an issue to support? Any result can be shared? Thanks

Hi. I’m able to generate multiple BUPs, each contains one dtb.

But I’m still looking for a better solution, where single BUP can contain multiple DTBs, or applying DTBO in cboot-t18x. Do you have any ideas about this?

hello HnilND,

please refer to Updating an Individual Partition session.
you may try using nv_part_update to perform an individual partition update.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.