How to use CSI onboard camera on TX1 with libargus

Hi, I’ve tried to run oneshot example in tegra_multimedia_api, but it throws some errors like “no module”…sorry that I don’t remember the exact error message. Then I ran “nvgstcapture-1.0”, that it throws errors like below

bitrate = 4000000
Encoder Profile = Baseline
Inside NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingInside NvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingSocket read error. Camera Daemon stopped functioning…
gst_nvcamera_open() failed ret=0

** (nvgstcapture-1.0:1816): CRITICAL **: <create_capture_pipeline:4407> can’t set camera to playing

** (nvgstcapture-1.0:1816): CRITICAL **: main:5195 Capture Pipeline creation failed

Also, I ran “gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc fpsRange=“30.0 30.0” ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1’ ! nvtee ! nvvidconv flip-method=2 ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420’ ! nvoverlaysink -e”, then it throws errors like below

Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Inside NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingInside NvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingSocket read error. Camera Daemon stopped functioning…
gst_nvcamera_open() failed ret=0
ERROR: Pipeline doesn’t want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvCameraSrc:nvcamerasrc0: GStreamer error: state change failed and some element failed to post a proper error message with the reason for the failure.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(3354): gst_base_src_start (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvCameraSrc:nvcamerasrc0:
Failed to start
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …

What should I do?

NickVot
Try below command to check the sensor HW is fine or not.

v4l2-ctl --list-devices

and

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=1 --stream-to=ov1080.raw

Does using v4l2 bypass the ISP?

@NickVot
Just make sure the sensor is detected correctly and can capture raw image by pass ISP.

Thank you for your help. I’ll check it first when I can use TX1.

Dear ShaneCCC
when i tried the command you mentioned above
it always came

Failed to open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

how could i solve it

@adeyen
Check below thread to replace the cboot to try