How to use jetson nano‘s Ethernet

When we design our own carrier board, we only need to use Ethernet, but after referring to the official design data, we plug in the network cable, and the light at the network port does not work, and we can’t ping the ip,Figure 1 is our own design, only the network interface is different from the official design。Figure 2 is the screenshot of circuit board design.
If Ethernet is only used on the self-made carrier board, what operations does the software need to do??微信图片_20200601173038

It should be no difference on sw if only change RJ45 connector. Not sure about the root cause. All necessary signals connection are same to nano. Please note the resistor is 110 ohm on nano for led, and there is a isolate net between “EARTH” and “GND”.

We can use our own network port components to connect to the official carrier board, as shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2

,We did not use EEPROM and HDMI and RTS5411USB interface chips, will these affect the use of network ports??? and what configuration needs to be done on the software

Could you share the full dmesg, boot up log from serial console and also ifconfig?

message.txt (2.0 KB) We can’t read the EEPROM information inside the module, its address is 0X50, I see the data shows that there is a PMU inside the module, the reason why the network port can not work is related to my external power supply??

Hi,

What kind of log is that one? It seems even the boot up has problem. Your carrier board must be able to use I2C to read eeprom. Otherwise, many problems may happen and even not able to flash.

this is ifconfig messaageifconfig message.txt (1.4 KB)

Hi,

Please correct the boot up log first. You just uploaded some partial log but not full log.

Please read the file before you upload it.

And your board seems able to read the eeprom because the mac address on eth0 is from eeprom…

ether 00:04:4b:e7:21:cc txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)

We use sudo i2cdetect -y 2, the information read by this command on our custom carrier board is different from the information read by the official carrier board, and the IIC devices such as 0X50 are missing

Hi,

Currently I just want one log.
Could you just boot up the device and share the log which has the bootloader log first?

The boot up log “message.txt” you just uploaded only has 44 lines and provide no info to us.

1.txt (24.0 KB) This is the complete log message

Hi,

Please run command “sudo i2cdump -y 2 0x50” and share the result.

There is no problem on eeprom or this i2c bus. Your carrier board is able to read the module eeprom here.

3448-0000-400 is the module ID.

What causes your ethernet failed are something else. Please share the dmesg.

dmesg_info.txt (56.4 KB)
The file is msg for dmesg cmd,please help to look for which problem cause to the Ethernet NOT work.
Thanks!

Hi,

I don’t see any error log in dmesg. The driver r8168 is up and it just gets no link.

Have you tried different switch/hub on the other side of etherent cable?
When you hotplug the etherent cable, will you see anything from dmesg?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Please also dump

cat /proc/net/r8168/eth0/ext_regs
cat /proc/net/r8168/eth0/driver_var
cat /proc/net/r8168/eth0/pci_regs
cat /proc/net/r8168/eth0/pcie_phy
cat /proc/net/r8168/eth0/registers
Share “lspci -vvv” output.
Share “ethtool -i eth0” and “ethtool eth0” output