How to use msgbroker in deepstream

Hi,

I have seen a lot of demo videos about using message broker with Deepstream especially with Azure IoT Hub, I don’t experience in using message brokers but I am reading about it.

I found RabbitMQ is a good thing to test on, I installed RabbitMQ management in my local system by following the tutorial from here: https://www.fosslinux.com/6339/how-to-install-rabbitmq-server-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts.htm

And thereafter I am trying to run deepstream-test4 with the following commands:

deepstream-test4-app -i ../../../../samples/streams/sample_720p.h264 -p /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/lib/libnvds_amqp_proto.so -c cfg_amqp.txt -s 0

The content inside the cfg_amqp.txt are:

[message-broker]
password = admin
#optional
hostname = 192.168.0.181
username = admin
port = 5672
exchange = amqp.topic
topic = deepstream_metadata

Initially the app failed to run with an error message:

(deepstream-test4-app:2120): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:24:32.820: g_strchug: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

(deepstream-test4-app:2120): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:24:32.820: g_strchomp: assertion 'string != NULL' failed
Now playing: ../../../../samples/streams/sample_720p.h264

Using winsys: x11

(deepstream-test4-app:2120): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:24:32.823: g_strrstr: assertion 'haystack != NULL' failed
Running...
ERROR from element nvmsg-broker: Could not configure supporting library.
Error details: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/deepstream/sdk/src/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgbroker/gstnvmsgbroker.c(332): gst_nvmsgbroker_start (): /GstPipeline:dstest4-pipeline/GstNvMsgBroker:nvmsg-broker:
unable to connect to broker library
Returned, stopping playback
Deleting pipeline

Then I tweaked the username and password then the app run successfully, showing all bounding boxes and terminal outputs.

I am trying to figure out how can i access those metadata through RabbitMQ Management UI which is running on my local machine.

I followed one tutorial from RabbitMQ github where they created some que and then sent some message and then received it back.

But I don’t know if i have to create a que manually or something else.

Please help me out on this.

HI
Check this sources/libs/amqp_protocol_adaptor/README
part: Test & verify messages published
it should meet your needs.

I had a similar problem, and I shared a sample receiver code, using rabbitmq and python via pika, maybe it can help. With this, you can get the metadata sent from deepstream on any other machine.