How to use NvMediaxxxxInsertPreNvSciSyncFence?

Please provide the following info (tick the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS 6.0.6
[*] DRIVE OS 6.0.5
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
[*] other

SDK Manager Version
[*] other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
[*] other

I encountered some problems when applying the method mentioned above, where I use the EOFfence of the previous operation as a preference feed for the next operation, specifically in the context of Nvmedia2D and NvMediaLDC:

1. Do I need to reconcile the NvSciSyncAttrList with both Nvmedia2D and NvMediaLDC attributes when creating an NvsciSyncObj? I found that attempting this using NvSciSyncAttrListReconcile results in a failure.
  2. I created an NvsciSyncObj and registered it as an eofsyncobj for Nvmedia2D and as a presyncobj for NvMediaLDC. Then, I used NvMediaLdcInsertPreNvSciSyncFence to feed the EOFfence of Nvmedia2D’s operation to NvMediaLDC. However, I noticed that in practice, NvMediaLDC doesn’t wait for Nvmedia2D’s operation to finish, as the call to NvMedia2DUnregisterNvSciBufObj after waiting for NvMediaLDC to finish still returns that it’s in use.

Could you please provide me with some sample code to guide me on how to proceed or give me some advice? So far, I haven’t achieved the expected results.

Are you using P3710 Developer Kit?

Yes,it is.

We will investigate this issue with our team and provide you with further guidance.

Could you please provide more context regarding your usage of NvSciSyncAttrListReconcile()? Specifically, could you describe how you are calling the function and provide details about the error code you received when it resulted in a failure? Additional information will help us better understand and address the issue you’re facing.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Is this still an issue to support? Any further information can be shared? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.