How to use the .dtsi files generated by pinmux tool?

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue? Thanks

Yes, what should I do to it? May I change it to other voltage defines and without any side effects?

Thanks.

Hi,

For T194 pinmux setting, no need to put them into dtb. Just the cfg file shall take effect.

@WayneWWW but the cfg need be compiled from these file, and just when compiling, it throw error. Or do you mean this file needn’t be included when compiling the cfg?!

Thanks

It is the python script to create the cfg file. Not through building the dts.

You don’t need to put all of them into the dts files.

May I use wrong word ‘compile’. The error is indeed occur when run ‘‘pinmux-dts2cfg.py’ to generate the cfg files. ‘Cause the ‘IO_PAD_VOLTAGE_OFF’ is in the "xxx-padvoltage-default.dtsi’ file, and the guide tell me to include this file when generate the .cfg file.

Thanks.

I guess you misunderstood something here.

1. If you want to generate cfg only, the 3 dtsi files are the input to the python script. The dtb file for the kernel is not involved.

2. If you want the pinmux to take effect in cboot/kernel without using cfg file, you only need to put the pimux and gpio dtsi to the dts file for bootloader/kernel. padvoltage should not be there.

I reviewed this answer and reviewd my work flow, the error indeed occur when I compile the DTB after including the three dtsi files, you mean I don’t need put the 3 dtsi file when compiling the dtb?

If you just want to create a “cfg”, you don’t need to compile anything. You just need to give these 3 files to the python script as input.

In previous answers, chang told me the three dtsi not only used to generate cfg but also need when compiling the dtb, so I include them in the dtb. Please confirm this.

Thanks

Only that gpio and pinmux dtsi are needed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.