How to visualize the point cloud scene with Isaac ROS2 on a Jetson AGX Orin?

Hi,
I am new to Isaac so the question may be dumb.
I have followed this guide to generate a disparity map based on a pair of frames from a stereo camera. The docker container is running on a Jetson AGX Orin.
I am wondering how to load the frames to the Isaac Sim window in this guide so that it will create a point cloud scene?
If I just run this command ros2 launch isaac_ros_ess isaac_ros_ess_isaac_sim.launch.py engine_file_path:=/workspaces/isaac_ros-dev/src/isaac_ros_dnn_stereo_disparity/resources/ess.engine, the window does not display anything and I cannot choose image files.
Do I have to install Isaac Sim on a PC and generate the USD file separately?
Thank you very much in advance!

Yes, the isaac_ros_ess_isaac_sim.launch.py file launches a graph where ESSNode is configured to receive stereo camera images from Isaac Sim and publishes disparity images to an output topic you can visualize in a custom window or RViz, for example. Isaac Sim needs to be running on a host machine on the same network with ROS 2 bridge enabled and a scene loaded and playing for the camera images to start streaming out over ROS 2 topics ESSNode is listening on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.