HPE DL380 Gen9 + VSphere ESXi 6.5 U1 or U3 with Nvidia Grid K2 crash

Hello,

For education purpose I’m trying to get a Nvidia GRID K2 card working inside VMware, The cards works fine under Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-v roll using DDA to a VM but I would also like to try some VMware methods.

So I downloaded and installed the HPE Vmware custom ESXi 6.5 U1 for Gen9 and later, after this I tried to load in the Nvidia GPU manager driver by uploading the VIB in this download (NVIDIA GRID VGPU SOFTWARE RELEASE 367.130/370.35 | 370.35 | VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5 | NVIDIA) and using the vib install command that is in the included PDF guide.

However, 2 things happen. The Server reboots or it will give me the following PSOD.

After this I tried to update the vmware to 6.5 U3 using HPE custom but it still gives me the same issue.

Under PCI hardware it does show the K2 card and when enabling passtrough on both K2 chips the and rebooting and installing the driver again, it completes succesfully, however it won’t see the cards/driver as loaded because they are in passtrough mode.

How can I fix this?