HW/SW encoding

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) : GPU - RTX3080
• DeepStream Version : 6.1
• TensorRT Version : 8.2.5-1+cuda11.4
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) : 510.73.05
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) : Question

I’m working on a pipeline with several sources and re-streaming each one with the osd overlayed. I have noticed that my GPU can’t encode more than 3 streams at the same time, which is a huge obstacle in my way. In the process of finding a solution I have seen that I can either move to a data center GPU with no limitations or use software encoding for now. Which is the best way to approach this?

Also I can think of the possibility to support both scenarios, and depending the hardware where I deploy the pipeline, I would detect the number of maximum streams allowed and use one or the other. Is there a way that I can access this information in a python script?

Yes. This is HW limitation. Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix [NEW] | NVIDIA Developer

Depends on your requirement.

No.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.