I am having issues connecting an external Quadro RTX4000 GPU, through thunderbolt port, to Ubuntu 16 on a NUC, following instalaltion instructions

I having been trying to connect a Quadro RTX 4000 to my Intel NUC (Ubuntu 16.04) using the instructions the GPU came with in the Quick Start guide. However when i plug the screen into the eGPU and then plug the eGPU into the NUC the screen does not turn on or recieve any input. when i connect both the eGPU and the screen directly into the NUC the NUC starts up as it is supposed but when i run the driver installation script (from https://www.nvidia.com/download/) the script cannot detect the GPU, do you have an idea what is going wrong? btw I am connecting the GPU to the NUC using a thunderbolt cable.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post. You will have to rename the file ending to something else since the forum software doesn’t accept .gz files (nifty!).

it appears that nvidia-bug-report.sh was not installed. what is the best way to do that?

trying to install the graphics drivers, gets me the below results. this is likely due to a firewall right? so taking the NUC elsewhere should work, right?

alan@alan-desktop:~$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 2388FF3BE10A76F638F80723FCAE110B1118213C
Executing: /tmp/tmp.5aPUwlhjJK/gpg.1.sh --keyserver
keyserver.ubuntu.com
–recv-keys
2388FF3BE10A76F638F80723FCAE110B1118213C
gpg: requesting key 1118213C from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
?: keyserver.ubuntu.com: Connection refused
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn’t connect: Connection refused
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: keyserver communications error: keyserver unreachable
gpg: keyserver communications error: public key not found
gpg: keyserver receive failed: public key not found

You can also set up the proxy for apt updates:
https://www.serverlab.ca/tutorials/linux/administration-linux/how-to-set-the-proxy-for-apt-for-ubuntu-18-04/

Thank you!

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.